Friday, November 16, 2018

October

Every time I begin to write about a movie, I have read enough to know that I can barely add my two cents to what has already been written. This time around, I noticed several patterns. Guess this blog has more to do with those than the actual movie.

First, I feel the urge to write here every two years. Second, I am drawn to movies that have more gestures than dialogues. Third, I make excellent small talk at the movie theater.

Well, this movie made me cry in the end. That's what you expect from a good drama. Yes there are several reasons to why I cried. Of course, the older I grow, the more complex my emotions get. The internet says that it is a movie in a quest to define love. I say, internet is right.

I had recently gotten to know about the study of signs and symbols, semiotics. Now I watch each movie with this lens. It is more interesting. I have become better at picking cues from scenes and making sense of them.

Where do I begin? This movie is so good that I don't know how to talk about it without leaving out the important stuff. Every scene is so ordinary yet meaningful. This movie was so easy to relate to, I can't recall another similar story narrated with such simplicity. The one thing that stood out for me was the pure romanticism. Again, internet tells me that this movie is about unraveling the mysteries of human behavior. Most movies are. The aspects of behavior the movie focuses on, how eloquent that behavior is, all of this draws me to some movies over the rest.

I remember walking out the hall feeling energized. Feeling energized after watching a sad movie, weird? Gitanjali Rao is one amazing woman. Vidya Iyer and her family's spirit gave me energy. It resonated with me. Sad. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?